PROVISION OF MONITORING & TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES FOR PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEMS INTER-CONNECTED WITH THE LOW AND MEDIUM VOLTAGE NETWORK
We at 'GLOBAL-ENERGY Solutions Ltd', always there to provide pioneering services, have created a package of maintenance and technical support services based on our long experience; this package aims at ensuring the proper operation of photovoltaic systems and at maximising return on the investment made by restoring dysfunctions and anticipating potential problems.
Before analysing our services, we would like to present the main parts of a typical photovoltaic plant of a nominal capacity of 100 kW:
- 400-454 photovoltaic panels
- 24,000-27,240 silicon cells
- 860-968 connectors
- 1,170-1,600 meters of DC cables
- 1-15 voltage converters (AC boards)
- 200-300 meters of AC cables
In the case of photovoltaic stations connecting to a Medium Voltage network (nominal capacity > 100 kW), the figures mentioned above increase accordingly and the station includes a sub-station with a transformer and a medium voltage field.
It is, therefore, made clear that any dysfunction/malfunction to any of the components above may affect the proper operation and performance of the photovoltaic plant. An indicative list of malfunctions is presented below:
- Exceedance of converter operation temperature
- Converter system error
- Current leak in the converter
- Damage to cable insulation (e.g. friction damage due to air currents)
- Damage to cable connectors (improperly pressed connectors)
- Burnt cells on panels (hot spot)
- Short-circuited panel leads
- Accumulated dirt on panels (fat, gum-like accretions, rain with dust, dust from the environment, etc.)
- Error occurring at the medium voltage sub-station
From our experience over the years, we can assure you that at least one of these errors is very likely to occur at least once during the operation of the photovoltaic system and if it is not identified quickly, it may lead to loss of production and, consequent loss of revenue for numerous days or even weeks.
From the above, it is made clear that a photovoltaic plant comprises particularly complex electrical-engineering equipment, consisting of numerous parts which all need to be in good working order in order to ensure maximum performance of the photovoltaic plant. It is, therefore, necessary to schedule regular maintenance of the photovoltaic plant in order to achieve maximum performance throughout its operation.
We at 'GLOBAL-ENERGY Solutions Ltd' have designed a package of maintenance and technical support services that aims at relieving you of the burden of continuously monitoring your photovoltaic system, while ensuring maximum production of electricity and, therefore, revenue.
Performance Reports of Photovoltaic Plants of the company
We indicatively present the following average performance rates for photovoltaic plants operating for more than a year and up to four years:
- 1,610 kWh/kW with fixed mounting structures in the Prefecture of Kavala, 1,620 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Kilkis, 1,690 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Phocis, 1,570 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Drama, 1,590 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Evros, 1,575 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Chalkidiki, 1,705 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Lesvos.
- 1,900 kWh/kW with mobile, single-axis mounting structures in the Prefecture of Serres, 2,130 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Phocis.
- 2,260 kWh/kW with mobile, dual-axis mounting structures in the Prefecture of Lesvos, 2,130 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Phocis, 2,110 kWh/kW in the Prefecture of Chalkidiki.
- 1,540 kWh/kW on an industrial roof in the Prefecture of Thessaloniki, 1,452 kWh/kW on an industrial roof (panels) in the Prefecture of Thessaloniki, 1,465 kWh/kW on an industrial roof (panels) in the Prefecture of Kozani.
'GLOBAL-ENERGY Solutions Ltd' is one of the most recognisable and pioneering brand names in the Greek and global market, because it has implemented a large number of photovoltaic installation projects, using various mounting system technologies (mobile and fixed) and applications of all kinds (parks, rural installations, industrial roofs, residential roofs, free-standing systems).
The Company was also been awarded a distinction for its work, which is included in the European Top 10 of the best P/V systems with the highest performance on non-fixed, dual-axis mounting structures.